151-0059-10L Engineering Tool: CAD-Methodology and PDM-Technology in the Focus Project
|Semester||Autumn Semester 2022|
|Periodicity||yearly recurring course|
|Language of instruction||German|
|Comment||All Engineering Tools courses are for MAVT Bachelor’s degree students only.|
|Abstract||The participants learn about the procedures and tools that are necessary to develop technical products. The focus is on computer-based design and development and the management in an integrated software environment.|
|Objective||The participants will deepen their existing CAD knowledge and learn new PDM knowledge, so that these may be directly applied and used in the focus project.|
- CAD refresh (Modelling, Assembling, Drafting, etc.) and CAD mythology for construction (Top-Down modelling)
- Introduction to the Team Center (Siemens PDM System)
- TeamCenter data flow, in particular the process of creating and managing new Items and Parts, the approval procedure and creating different versions of Parts
The participants will learn and experiment with procedures by working on concrete examples so that they will subsequently be able to begin with independent product construction.
The following topics will be dealt with in depth in the lectures supporting the focus project (Praxiskurs): CAD-Methodology, FE calculations, motion simulation and construction methodology.
|Content||1. Afternoon: CAD refresher and top down modelling |
- To refresh already existing knowledge of CAD functionality.
i. Sketch and features as well as manipulation and optimizing models.
iv. Organisation. working methods, conventions.
-Top down modelling CAD
i. Introduction to top down modelling and concept modelling
ii. Case study of top down modelling
2.Afternoon: Introduction to TC (Team Center)
- Introduction: Short introduction to PLM (What is the idea of PLM? PLM is more than the pure management of drawings!).
- Lesson 1 - Team Center Rich Client Interface
- Lesson 2 - TC data types
- Lesson 3 - Construction from data in TC
- Lesson 4 - Searching for and examining data.
3.Afternoon: TC application
- Lesson 5 - Unit lists (PSE)
- Lesson 6 - Cross-referencing
- Lesson 7 - Data release
- Lesson 8 - Product data examination
|Prerequisites / Notice||- at least two students of a Focus-Team should sign in for this course, if the use of Siemens Teamcenter PLM is given for the Team.|
- only for students participating in a Focus Project in the same semester