363-1051-00L Cases in Technology Marketing
|Semester||Autumn Semester 2021|
|Lecturers||F. von Wangenheim, S. Schär|
|Periodicity||yearly recurring course|
|Language of instruction||English|
|Comment||Number of participants limited to 20.|
Students have to apply for this course by sending a CV and an one-page motivation letter until 10.09.2021 to Theresa Schachner: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally please enroll via myStudies. Places will be assigned on the basis of your motivation letter.
|Abstract||The seminar “Cases in Technology Marketing” introduces students to key concepts and tools in technology marketing and familiarizes them subsequently with the challenges that (marketing) managers face in technology intensive markets by using real life cases.|
|Objective||1. Understanding and applying common business tools and frameworks|
2. Understanding current challenges of managers in technology intensive markets
3. Defining and analyzing comprehensive business problems using the example of a leading Swiss manufacturing company (Bühler AG)
4. Developing and evaluating different alternative case solutions
5. Making decisions on case solutions, justifying and defending them
6. Transferring case solutions into practice by formulating specific instructions for the management
7. Creation of novel, innovative ideas that help the company to gain a competitive edge
8. Cooperation in teams and coordination of team tasks
9. Adequate communication to and eye-level discussions with C-level managers
|Content||The seminar “Cases in Technology Marketing” introduces students to key concepts and tools in technology marketing and familiarizes them subsequently with the challenges that (marketing) managers face in technology intensive markets by using real life cases.|
Students will have to work in groups and together solve past, current and future managerial problems in the form of cases. The team member composition will rotate for each case, enabling students to foster their teamwork abilities besides the application of theoretical concepts to the applied case questions. The studetns will have to present their case solutions to the lecturer and a top executive of a leading Swiss company (details see below). Also, they will be enabled to compare their solutions with what has actually been done or is yet to be done.
The three case studies presented in this course cover real managerial issues of the Swiss manufacturer Bühler AG (www.buhlergroup.com). A Bühler top executive will present the cases and discuss the students' presentations and solutions. As such, the course allows for in-depth discussions of the real-life case solution with the C-level manager and hereby enables students to transfer their learnings from theoretical considerations to the applied field. The course will be rounded off with a day-visit to the Bühler facilities in Uzwil, Switzerland, where students will have the chance to further connect with management and discuss the acquired key concepts, tools, and case study insights on site.
|Prerequisites / Notice||In addition to course enrolment, students have to apply for this course by sending a CV and a short motivation letter until 20.08.2021 to Theresa Schachner: email@example.com.|