227-0120-00L  Communication Networks

SemesterSpring Semester 2021
LecturersL. Vanbever
Periodicityyearly recurring course
Language of instructionEnglish

Performance assessment information (valid until the course unit is held again)
Performance assessment as a semester course
ECTS credits6 credits
ExaminersL. Vanbever
Typesession examination
Language of examinationEnglish
RepetitionThe performance assessment is offered every session. Repetition possible without re-enrolling for the course unit.
Mode of examinationwritten 150 minutes
Additional information on mode of examination70% of the final grade will be based on the final (written) exam, while the remaining 30% will be based on continuous performance assessments. The continuous performance assessments will consist in two graded group projects. The first one (centered on 'Internet routing') will take place around the middle of the semester. The second one (centered on 'reliable transport') will take place towards the end of the semester. The first project will count for 20% of the final grade, while the second will count for 10% of the final grade. If a student does not submit a project or does not contribute to the group work, he/she will receive a grade of 1.0 for the corresponding project. Students repeating the course can decide at the beginning of the semester if they want to keep the previous grades of their continuous performance assessments.
Written aidsAll written material (books, notes, lab exercises etc.) is allowed; all electronic devices are prohibited, except for (non-connected) calculators.
This information can be updated until the beginning of the semester; information on the examination timetable is binding.