151-1906-00L Multiphase Flows
|jährlich wiederkehrende Veranstaltung
|Introduction to fluid flows with multiple interacting phases. The emphasis is on regimes where a dispersed phase is carried by a continuous one: e.g., particles, bubbles and droplets suspended in gas or liquid flows, laminar or turbulent. The flow physics is put in the context of natural, biological, and industrial problems.
|The main learning objectives are:
- identify multiphase flow regimes and relevant non-dimensional parameters
- distinguish spatio-temporal scales at play for each phase
- quantify mutual coupling between different phases
- apply fundamental principles in complex real-world flows
- combine insight from theory, experiments, and numerics
|Single particle and multi-particle dynamics in laminar and turbulent flows; basics of suspension rheology; effects of surface tension on the formation, evolution and motion of bubbles and droplets; free-surface flows and wind-wave interaction; imaging techniques and modeling approaches.
|Lecture slides are made available.
|Suggested readings are provided for each topic.
|Voraussetzungen / Besonderes
|Fundamental knowledge of fluid dynamics is essential.