851-0371-00L Coaching Students
|Semester||Spring Semester 2021|
|Lecturers||B. Volk, R. P. Haas, S. Pedrocchi|
|Periodicity||every semester recurring course|
|Language of instruction||English|
|851-0371-00 S||Coaching Students||12s hrs||B. Volk, R. P. Haas, S. Pedrocchi|
|Abstract||The course “Coaching Students” enhances Student Teaching Assistants and other participants in their roles as student coaches, acquiring basic knowledge about coaching methodology and the mindset of a coach. The course is focusing on participants that are coaching student groups or teams or individuals with open tasks without model solution, where nondirective support plays an important role.|
• understand the basics of coaching and the roles as student coach.
• develop the mindset of a coach and reflect on their attitude towards guiding student learning processes (individuals and teams).
• acquire coaching skills and build knowledge and know-how about coaching methods.
• analyse learning scenarios and team situations by developing and verifying hypotheses.
• design coaching session and feel confident to use coaching methods.
• give and get feedback from peers and self-reflect on their coaching practice.
|Content||After the online phase students improve their theoretical knowledge, methods expertise and coaching skills in five double lessons with in-class activities. |
Here is the schedule with dates and topics
The Zoom-Link is published in the Moodle Course:
• 8 March 2021: Kick-off (Roles, Active listening, Feedback)
• 15 March 2021: GROW model and Asking questions
• 22 March 2021: Hypothesis and Motivation
• 12 April 2021: 1:1-Coaching
• 26 April 2021: Team building & Psychological Safety
• 3 May 2021: Facilitating Conflicts
• 17 May 2021: Reflexivity and Case studies
For each live session preparatory material is provided on Moodle, enabling participants to start these sessions well equipped.
|Performance assessment information (valid until the course unit is held again)|
|Performance assessment as a semester course|
|ECTS credits||1 credit|
|Examiners||B. Volk, R. P. Haas, S. Pedrocchi|
|Type||graded semester performance|
|Language of examination||English|
|Repetition||Repetition only possible after re-enrolling for the course unit.|
|No public learning materials available.|
|Only public learning materials are listed.|
|No information on groups available.|
|There are no additional restrictions for the registration.|
|Humanities, Social and Political Sciences (General Courses)||Further Courses (no SiP-courses)||Z|