151-0059-10L Engineering Tool: CAD-Methodology and PDM-Technology in the Focus Project
|Semester||Autumn Semester 2020|
|Periodicity||yearly recurring course|
|Language of instruction||German|
|Comment||All Engineering Tools courses are for MAVT Bachelor’s degree students only.|
Number of participants limited to 25.
|151-0059-10 K||Ingenieur-Tool: CAD Methodik und PDM-Einsatz im Fokusprojekt|
Blockkurs in der ersten Semesterwoche
Die Teilnehmer sollten in Fokusprojekten involviert sein. Falls nicht, bitte bei den Dozierenden anfragen.
Die genauen Unterrichtszeiten von ONLINE - Veranstaltungen werden von den Dozierenden kommuniziert.
|Abstract||The participants learn about the procedures and tools that are necessary to develop technical products. The focus is on computer-based design and development and the management in an integrated software environment.|
|Objective||The participants will deepen their existing CAD knowledge and learn new PDM knowledge, so that these may be directly applied and used in the focus project.|
- CAD refresh (Modelling, Assembling, Drafting, etc.) and CAD mythology for construction (Top-Down modelling)
- Introduction to the Team Center (Siemens PDM System)
- TeamCenter data flow, in particular the process of creating and managing new Items and Parts, the approval procedure and creating different versions of Parts
The participants will learn and experiment with procedures by working on concrete examples so that they will subsequently be able to begin with independent product construction.
The following topics will be dealt with in depth in the lectures supporting the focus project (Praxiskurs): CAD-Methodology, FE calculations, motion simulation and construction methodology.
|Content||1. Afternoon: CAD refresher and top down modelling |
- To refresh already existing knowledge of CAD functionality.
i. Sketch and features as well as manipulation and optimizing models.
iv. Organisation. working methods, conventions.
-Top down modelling CAD
i. Introduction to top down modelling and concept modelling
ii. Case study of top down modelling
2.Afternoon: Introduction to TC (Team Center)
- Introduction: Short introduction to PLM (What is the idea of PLM? PLM is more than the pure management of drawings!).
- Lesson 1 - Team Center Rich Client Interface
- Lesson 2 - TC data types
- Lesson 3 - Construction from data in TC
- Lesson 4 - Searching for and examining data.
3.Afternoon: TC application
- Lesson 5 - Unit lists (PSE)
- Lesson 6 - Cross-referencing
- Lesson 7 - Data release
- Lesson 8 - Product data examination
|Prerequisites / Notice||- at least two students of a Focus-Team should sign in for this course, if teh use of Siemens TeamCenter PLM is given for the Team.|
- only for students participating in a Focus Project in the same semester
- not more than 25 students
|Performance assessment information (valid until the course unit is held again)|
|Performance assessment as a semester course|
|ECTS credits||0.4 credits|
|Type||ungraded semester performance|
|Language of examination||German|
|Repetition||Repetition only possible after re-enrolling for the course unit.|
|No public learning materials available.|
|Only public learning materials are listed.|
|No information on groups available.|
|Places||25 at the most|
|Priority||Registration for the course unit is only possible for the primary target group|
|Primary target group||Mechanical Engineering BSc (152000)|
|Waiting list||until 07.09.2020|
|End of registration period||Registration only possible until 18.09.2020|
|Mechanical Engineering Bachelor||Engineering Tools||W|