363-1117-00L Factory Planning and Design
|Spring Semester 2019
|R. Binkert, T. Netland
|yearly recurring course
|Language of instruction
|The planning and design of factories and warehouses is a central activity for any manufacturer and logistics service provider. A factory is much more than just a building or a working space. Factory planning and design is a strategic task that will have a long-lasting effect on a business’ ability to create value. Many aspects must be carefully considered.
|After completing this course:
1. Students will be able to participate in projects for factory planning and design.
2. Students can identify the issues and difficulties which may emerge in factory planning and design.
3. Students can explain and apply the methods to plan and design a factory.
4. Students can differentiate the various technologies of materials handling systems.
5. Students can outline the basic factors to be considered when planning a new factory.
6. Students have a basic understanding of the tasks and how to face them when a new factory and its systems are being built and put into operation.