363-0448-00L Global Operations Strategy
|Semester||Spring Semester 2019|
|Periodicity||yearly recurring course|
|Language of instruction||English|
|Abstract||This course provides students a theoretical fundament and practical skills for strategic configuration and coordination of global production networks and facility planning and design.|
|Objective||Students will be able to analyze, plan, and design factory networks and single facilities.|
1. Students can analyze strengths and weaknesses of a company’s global factory network.
2. Students can conduct a basic factory localization analysis and elaborate the risks involved and the limitations of the chosen method.
3. Students are familiar with key issues in managing global operations.
4. Students can analyze a global productivity improvement program.
5. Additional skills: Students acquire experience in teamwork, report writing and presentation.
|Content||This course deals with the configuration and coordination of global manufacturing operations.|
|Lecture notes||See Moodle|
|Prerequisites / Notice||Requirements: Preferably the course 363-0445-00L Production and Operations Management|