851-0735-15L Seminar Business Law: Contracts for Projects by IT Engineers
|Spring Semester 2017
|yearly recurring course
|Language of instruction
|Number of participants limited to 20
Particularly suitable for students of D-INFK, D-ITET
|This seminar provides an introduction into the legal aspects of projects in the IT industry. The seminar has specific practical focus as a real life case will be studied.
|In Practice, students will invariably have to assume responsibility for project management. This will also include dealing with legal issues. The seminar offers an introduction into the legal basis and the legal issues of managing projects.
- law of contracts for sales, work and mandate
- specifics of project contracts: definition of scope, distribution of risk and opportunities, warranties, liability
- typical contract clauses, sample agreements
- specific agreements used in the case study
- contracts and claims management
In a whole day seminar with an industry company, the responsible persons of this company will give an introduction into the specific agreements and the legal issues of a project.
|The script will be provided on the moodle platform.
|Prerequisites / Notice
|The seminar is not an introductory course. Students are required to have attended an introductory lecture (e.g. Business Law by Dr. Paul Peyrot, Construction Law by Prof. Dr. Gerard Hertig, Introduction to Law by Prof. Dr. Stefan Bechtold).
For the grading all parts of the seminar have to be attended.
The grade will be a weighted average of the answers to a questionnaire based upon the materials and introductory sessions (1/3) and the presentation of the case study (group work).
The seminar takes place on the following dates:
- 9 March 2016: Introduction I, 16 - 18
- 16 March 2016: Introduction II, 16 - 18
- N.N.: whole day seminar
- 20 May 2016: Presentations and closing, 16 - 20