151-0301-00L Machine Elements
|Autumn Semester 2020
|M. Meboldt, Q. Lohmeyer
|yearly recurring course
|Language of instruction
|Introduction to machine elements and mechanical systems as basics of product development. Case studies of their application in products and systems.
|The students get an overview of the main mechanical components (machine elements) which are used in mechanical engineering. Selected examples will demonstrate how these can be assembled into functional parts and complete systems such as machinery, tools or actuators. At the same time, also the problem of production (production-oriented design) is discussed.
In concurrent lectures / exercises "technical drawing and CAD" the design implementation will be practiced.
|- Innovation Process: A Quick Overview
- Stages of the planning and design process
- Requirements for a design and technical implementation
- Choice of materials - Basic principles of a material-specific design
- Manufacturing process - fundamentals of a production-oriented design
- Connections, fuses, seals
- Machine-standard elements
- Storage & guides
- Transmission and its components
The idea of machine elements is complemented by case studies and illustrated.
|The lecture slides will be published beforehand on the website of the pd|z.
|Prerequisites / Notice
|For Bachelor studies in Mechanical and Process Engineering, the lecture "Maschinenelemente" (HS) is examined together with "Innovationsprozess" (FS) in the exam "Basisprüfung Maschinenelemente and Innovationsprozess".