063-0606-00L Structural Design VI
|Spring Semester 2020
|P. Block, J. Schwartz
|yearly recurring course
|Does not take place this semester.
|Language of instruction
|This course teaches computational tools for structural design. After an introduction in the basics of 3D modelling, as well as parametric design, the course focuses on structural form-finding, simulation and optimisation methods. These topics are covered with the aid of design-oriented exercises and built examples showcasing the use of these advanced methods in research and construction projects.
|- ability to 3D model complex geometry
- knowledge of parametric design tools
- basic skills in Python scripting
- introductory experience in different form-finding methods
- exposure to basics of computational simulation and optimisation of structures
- application of computational methods to design project