853-0302-00L European Integration
|Autumn Semester 2019
|yearly recurring course
|Language of instruction
|Only for Public Policy BA.
|The course (lecture and tutorial) covers the theory, development, and core policy fields of European integration as well as structures and processes of the EU as a decision- and policy-making system.
|The seminar is designed to help students understand the European Union as a particular kind of political system that differs both from the nation-state and from other international organizations. It imparts basic knowledge on the development, institutions, procedures, and policies of the EU and provides an introduction to major approaches to integration theory and political science research on the EU.
2. Theories of European integration
3. Institutional development of European integration
4. Development of political integration
5. Internal market and monetary union
6. Internal and external security policies
8. Widening and differentiation
9. European integration in crisis
11. Law-making and law enforcement
12. Statehood and democracy
13. Switzerland, the EEA and Neighbourhood Policies
|Schimmelfennig, Frank: Europäische Integration (erhältlich zu Beginn des Kurses)
|Literatur wird über Moodle bereitgestellt.
|Prerequisites / Notice
|Die Leistungskontrolle findet durch eine Seminarpräsentation und einen schriftlichen Schlusstest statt.