Hans-Rudolf Bär: Catalogue data in Spring Semester 2018
|Dr. Hans-Rudolf Bär
|Civil, Environmental and Geomatic Engineering
Prerequisite: Successful completion of Cartography III (103-0227-00L).
|H.‑R. Bär, R. Sieber
|Focus of this course is on the realization of an atlas project in a small team. During the first part of the course, the necessary organizational, creative and technological basics will be provided. At the end of the course, the interactive atlas projects will be presented by the team members.
|The goal of this course is to provide the students the theoretical background, knowledge and practical skills necessary to plan, design and create an interactive Web atlas based on modern Web technologies.
|This course will cover the following topics:
- Web map design
- Project management
- Graphical user interfaces in Web atlases
- Interactions in map and atlas applications
- Web standards
- Programming interactive Web applications
- Use of software libraries
- Cartographic Web services
- Code repository
- Copyright and the Internet
|Lecture notes and additional material are available on Moodle.
|- Cartwright, William; Peterson, Michael P. and Georg Gartner (2007); Multimedia Cartography, Springer, Heidelberg
|Prerequisites / Notice
|Prerequisites: Successful completion of Cartography III (103-0227-00L).
Previous knowledge in Web programming.
The students are expected to
- present their work in progress on a regular basis
- present their atlas project at the end of the course
- keep records of all the work done
- document all individual contributions to the project