Bernard Brixel: Katalogdaten im Frühjahrssemester 2021
|Name||Herr Dr. Bernard Brixel|
Professur für Ingenieurgeologie
ETH Zürich, NO G 1.1
|Telefon||+41 44 632 29 52|
|651-4061-00L||Hydrogeological Field Course |
Number of participants limited to 15.
Prerequisite: Grundwasser I (102-0455-01L)
Due to the extraordinary conditions, we cannot allow a large number of students, therefore MSc students majoring in Engineering Geology are given priority.
|3 KP||7P||B. Brixel, N. Gholizadeh Doonechaly|
|Kurzbeschreibung||The course covered a variety of hydrogeological investigation methods with both theory and application at an experimental site in unconsolidated sediments and fractured rock. Included were aquifer well tests and estimation of natural hydraulic heads. The students had to sample, display, evaluate and assess own data and write a report.|
|Lernziel||- To be able to choose an appropriate (goal, hydrogeological environment, logistic boundary conditions) investigation method and plan experiments accordingly.|
- To acquire own experiences in handling typical instruments, e.g. pump, pressure transmitter, data logger, inductive flowmeter, etc.
- To understand the theoretical background of important hydrogeological field investigation methods.
- To master typical data presentation and evaluation methods, e.g. diagnostic plots, type curve fitting etc.).
- To be able to assess the quality and importance of the achieved results in view of theoretical and practical limitations.
|Inhalt||Covered methods are |
- Aquifer and well tests (constant pressure, constant flow, step pumping tests, drawdown and build-up, single hole and crosshole, double packer and open hole),
- Slug & bail tests (pneumatic and bailer techniques, double packer intervals and open hole).
- Hydraulic head profiling (natural conditions)
- Tracer tests.
|Skript||A script will be provided for download as pdf.|
|Literatur||Please visit the course homepage (Main Link).|
|Voraussetzungen / Besonderes||Prerequisite course 102-0455-01L Grundwasser I |
Schedule: The course will take place in Mels (SG) and in Thur (Widen).
Students registering for the course confirm having read and accepted the terms and conditions for excursions and field courses of D-ERDW https://www.ethz.ch/content/dam/ethz/special-interest/erdw/department/dokumente/studium/exkursionen/AGB_ERDW_Exkursionen_en.pdf