Jingwei Huang: Catalogue data in Autumn Semester 2021
|Dr. Jingwei Huang
|Mechanical and Process Engineering
|Moisture Transport in Porous Media
|J. Carmeliet, L. Fei, J. Huang, J. Zhao
|Moisture transport and related degradation processes in porous materials; experimental determination of moisture transport properties; theory and application of pore network model for two-phase transport in porous media; flow in cracked and deformable porous media.
|- Basic knowledge of moisture transport and related degradation processes in porous materials
- Knowledge of experimental determination of moisture transport properties
- Knowledge of pore network model and application to two-phase invasion percolation simulation
- Application of knowledge to moisture transport in cracked materials and flow in deformable porous media
Moisture damage: problem statement, durability
Applications: building materials, soil science, geoscience
2. Moisture transport: theory and application
Description of moisture transport
Determination of moisture transport properties
Liquid transport in cracked materials, flow and transport in deformable porous media
3. Pore network model: theory and application
Single- and two-phase pore network model: quasi-static and dynamic
Exercise on quasi-static two-phase pore network model: invasion pattern, capillary pressure curve
Application of pore network model in two-phase transport
|Handouts, supporting material and exercises are provided online via Moodle.
|All material is provided online via Moodle.