Markus Bambach: Catalogue data in Autumn Semester 2022
|Name||Prof. Dr. Markus Bambach|
ETH Zürich, PFA L 55
|Telephone||+41 44 633 78 12|
|Department||Mechanical and Process Engineering|
|151-0076-30L||ARIS - Liquid Rocket Engine |
This course is part of a one-year course. The 14 credit points will be issued at the end of FS2023 with new enrolling for the same Focus Project in FS2023.
For MAVT BSc and ITET BSc only.
Prerequisites for the focus projects:
a. Basis examination successfully passed
b. Block 1 and 2 successfully passed
For enrollment, please contact the D-MAVT Student Administration.
|0 credits||15A||M. Bambach|
|Abstract||Students develop and build a product from A-Z! They work in teams and independently, learn to structure problems, to identify solutions, system analysis and simulations, as well as presentation and documentation techniques. They build the product with access to a machine shop and state of the art engineering tools (Matlab, Simulink, etc).|
|Objective||The various objectives of the Focus Project are: |
- Synthesizing and deepening the theoretical knowledge from the basic courses of the 1. - 4. semester
- Team organization, work in teams, increase of interpersonal skills
- Independence, initiative, independent learning of new topic contents
- Problem structuring, solution identification in indistinct problem definitions, searches of information
- System description and simulation
- Presentation methods, writing of a document
- Ability to make decisions, implementation skills
- Workshop and industrial contacts
- Learning and recess of special knowledge
- Control of most modern engineering tools (Matlab, Simulink, CAD, CAE, PDM)
|151-0733-00L||Basics and Processes of Metal Forming|
Note: The previous course title until HS21 "Forming Technology III - Forming Processes".
|4 credits||2V + 2U||M. Bambach|
|Abstract||The lecture teaches on the basic knowledge of major processes in sheet metal, tube and bulk metal forming technologies. In particular it focuses on fundamental computation methods, which allow a fast assessment of process behaviour and a rough layout. Process-specific states of stress and deformation are analysed and process limits are identified.|
|Objective||Acquaintance with forming processes. Determination of forming processes. Interpretation of forming manufacturing|
|Content||The study of metal working processes: sheet metal forming, folding die cutting, cold bulk metal forming, ro extrusion, plunging, open die forging, drop forging, milling; active principle; elementary methods to estimate stress and strain; fundamentals of process design; manufacturing limits and machining accuracy; tools and operation; machinery and machine usage.|