Reto W. Kressig: Catalogue data in Autumn Semester 2020
|Name||Prof. Dr. Reto W. Kressig|
|Department||Health Sciences and Technology|
|377-0503-00L||Life Cycles and System Diseases |
Only for Human Medicine BSc
|5 credits||5V||O. Distler, M. Ristow, M. Seiler, C. Berger, S. Blumhardt, J. Goldhahn, R. W. Kressig, M. Martin, J. Mitchell, A. Möller, M. Wolff, further lecturers|
|Abstract||This module focuses on special aspects of health and illness in the early and late life phases as well as diseases of whole organ systems. It includes special features of the pediatric, geriatric and rheumatological anamnesis.|
|Objective||Early Life Cycle:|
• Knowledge of the pediatric aspects of the medical history.
• Knowledge about the enormous variety of child development (inter- and intra-individual variability).
• Milestone concept: Assessment of the stage of development of a child in the first years of life.
• Landmark concept: first knowledge of the demilitation on normality versus disorder.
• Getting to know frequent developmental pediatric disorders.
• Knowledge of the most common congenital heart defects.
• Getting to know and recognize respiratory diseases of the upper and lower respiratory tract.
Late Life Cycle:
Upon successful completion of the module, students should be able to
• correctly describe the biological bases of the aging process.
• derive physical and pharmacological choices to modulate the aging process.
• understand the social and psychological implication of aging.
• describe the specificities of geriatric medicine in the stationary setting.
• identify the age-specific differences in both diagnostics and therapeutics
At the end of the module, students should be able to do the following:
• list the typical symptoms and manifestations of the disease patterns;
• list the clinical examinations of the clinical pictures and explain the findings;
• list and justify further clarifications (such as laboratory tests, imaging, etc.) of the clinical pictures;
• recognize the respective clinical pictures of this topic block based on the symptoms, clinical examinations, findings and further clarifications;
• list the possible treatment options for the disease patterns and explain the indication, prevention and risk factors;
• Early detection of clinical pictures that require rapid therapy, identification of further steps for clarification and therapy;
• describe the causes and pathophysiological basis of the disease patterns.
|Content||Early Life Cycle|
It describes the peculiarities of the pediatric anamnesis as well as selected topics of the healthy and sick child. The focus is on the newborn, development in the first years of life and adolescence. Infections, congenital heart and the most common respiratory diseases are described throughout the different age stages.
Late Life Cycle
Fundamentals and relevance of the aging process, as well as its biochemical, physiological and evolutionary basis. Insights into its individual as well as economic impact, including interventional and pharmacological treatment options.
Overview Rheumatology, Rheumatoid Arthritis, M. Still, Spondyloarthritis, SAPHO Syndrome, Infectious and Crystal Arthritis, Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis, CRPS, Soft Tissue Diseases, Myopathies, Bone Diseases, Vasculitis, Collagenosis, Drug Therapy in Rheumatology, Ergonomics, Occupational Reintegration.
|Prerequisites / Notice||Voraussetzungen:|
LE 377-0105-00L Bewegungsapparat
LE 377-0107-00L Nervensystem
LE 377-0201-00L Herz-Kreislauf-System
LE 377-0203-00L Atmungs-System
LE 377-0205-00L Nieren und Homöostase
LE 377-0301-01L Blut, Immunsystem
LE 377-0301-02L Ernährung und Verdauung
LE 377-0301-03L Endokrinologie, Stoffwechsel
LE 377-0401-00L Sinnesorgane
LE 377-0403-00L Haut und Anhangsorgane