Franz Kehl: Katalogdaten im Frühjahrssemester 2020
|Herr Franz Kehl
|Geistes-, Sozial- und Staatswissenschaften
|VET between Poverty Alleviation and Economic Development
Only for MAS/CAS in Development and Cooperation students, as well as specialists with at least 24 months of practical experience in international cooperation.
ETH doctoral students working on topics related to poverty reduction in low- and middle income countries may also be admitted.
Registration only through the NADEL administration office.
|L. B. Nilsen, F. Kehl, M. Maurer
|The course aims at strengthening the capacity in portfolio management for VET, skills development and active labor market policies. It deals with basic issues and challenges of Vocational Education and Training (VET) in Developing Countries. In view of the many of school leavers VET has to place itself between the contradicting intensions of quality education and short-term training interventions.
|The participants are able to
- Assess project proposals and ongoing project regarding their relevance and suitability in the specific country context
- Explain strengths and weaknesses of the opposing approaches "dual apprenticeship" and "competency based training" as well as synergies and incompatibilities between the two
- Describe the competent use of tools currently applied in VET
|• Basic concepts and terms
• Differences and commonalities between VET and neighboring systems
• Planning, assessment of VET interventions with different objectives: economic development, poverty alleviation, creation of self-employment or systems development
• VET as a cooperation system of stakeholders with different duties, interests and competencies
• Background, potential use and limitations of (national) qualification frameworks
• Half-day visit to important actors of the Swiss VET landscape
|Voraussetzungen / Besonderes
|Students of the course must fulfil requirements specified on the homepage of NADEL. Electronic registration may be done only after registration with NADEL secretariate.