Christian Zurbrügg: Catalogue data in Autumn Semester 2022
|Name||Mr Christian Zurbrügg|
P.O. Box 611
|Telephone||058 765 54 23|
|Department||Humanities, Social and Political Sciences|
|865-0011-01L||Water, Sanitation and Waste Management |
MAS ETH in Development and Cooperation students have priority for admission. Interested students can apply to be placed on the waiting list and will be informed about a possible admission by the program coordinators within the first week after the start of lectures.
|2 credits||2G||I. Günther, E. Tilley, C. Zurbrügg|
|Abstract||The course provides an overview of the links among sanitation, water supply, waste management and environmental and health aspects. It gives an understanding of the specific challenges and possible solutions in ensuring environmental services and illustrates their impact on the population and settlements.|
|Objective||The participants are able to|
- present the global situation and development trends in the sector of sanitation, water supply, waste management and for its main actors;
- discuss the relationships between water supply, sanitation and health;
- explain the principles of technologies for drinking water treatment, the management of sewage and waste, as well as appraise their strengths and weaknesses;
- explain which sustainable concepts are implemented and how they can be inserted into the technical, institutional and social structures so that they are economically, ecologically and socially sustainable;
- provide information where good professional resources are available.