Eric Scherer Casanova: Katalogdaten im Frühjahrssemester 2019
|Herr Dr. Eric Scherer Casanova
intelligent systems solutions GmbH
|Management, Technologie und Ökonomie
|Information Technologies in Production and Operations Management
Prerequisite: successfully completed course ahead 363-0445-00L Production and Operations Management.
|E. Scherer Casanova, T. Netland
|Information Technology (IT) is an integrated part of production and operations management (POM). As digitalization is on the rise, it is imperative for students to be familiar with the common IT systems used in industry.
|In this course, the students gain an overview about the role and use of IT in POM. The course focuses on Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems. It also touches briefly on other business software such as Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems, Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems, and collaborative supply chain software. . Through lectures and exercises, the students gain experience with ERP and the challenges surrounding implementing and managing IT systems in local and global POM settings.
After completing this course:
1. Students are familiar with IT systems used in manufacturing.
2. Students can select appropriate ERP software and ERP modules for a given company.
3. Students are familiar with appropriate parameter setting in ERP systems.
4. Students can explain the role of people in ERP.
5. Students can explain the link between operations, IT, and accounting.
|Voraussetzungen / Besonderes
|Successfully completed course ahead: 363-0445-00L Production and Operations Management.
Class attendance is required.