Thomas Lippert: Catalogue data in Autumn Semester 2022
|Name||Prof. Dr. Thomas Lippert|
Paul Scherrer Institut (PSI)
5232 Villigen PSI
|Telephone||056 310 40 76|
|Department||Chemistry and Applied Biosciences|
|Relationship||Adjunct Professor and Privatdozent|
|529-0199-00L||Inorganic and Organometallic Chemistry||0 credits||2K||C. Copéret, H. Grützmacher, D. Günther, M. Kovalenko, T. Lippert, V. Mougel, P. Steinegger|
|529-0455-00L||Laser for Micro- and Nanostructuring||2 credits||2V||T. Lippert, N. Shepelin|
|Abstract||Introduction to the fundamentals of lasers and their applications with an emphasis on micro- and nano-structuring. Several applications which are still in the research state, will be discussed together with industrial applications, such as microlithography and laser welding. Other aspects are the materials that are applied in these applications, e.g. photoresists, and their functioning.|
|Objective||Introduction to the fundamentals of lasers and their applications with an emphasis on micro- and nano structuring. Several applications which are still in the research state, e.g. non-optical lithographies, will be discussed together with industrial applications, such as microlithography and laser welding. Other aspects are the materials that are applied in these applications, e.g. photoresists, and their functioning.|
|Content||Introduction to lasers, Overview of micro- and nanotechnology, microlithography, photoresists: classical types and new developments, laser cutting and welding, laser cleaning, laser ablation, polymer ablation: designed polymers, lasers and surfaces, laser spectroscopy, laser chemical vapor deposition, pulsed laser deposition (PLD), special materials by PLD, alternative structuring methods.|
|Lecture notes||The script (a copy of the slides) will be handed out during the first lecture.|
|Literature||• D. Bäuerle, Laser Processing and Chemistry, 3rd ed., Springer Verlag 2000.|
• D. B. Chrisey, G. K. Hubler, Pulsed Laser Deposition of Thin Films, John Wiley & Sons 1994.
• D. Schuöcker, High Power Lasers in Production Engineering, Imperial College Press 1999.
• E. Beyer, Schweissen mit Laser : Grundlagen, Springer Verlag 1995.
• L. F. Thompson, C. G. Willson, M. J. Bowden, Eds., Introduction to Microlithography, 2nd ed., American Chemical Society 1994.
• J. Mazumder, A. Kar, Theory and Application of Laser Chemical Vapor Deposition, Plenum Press 1995.
• W. Demtroeder, Laser Spectroscopy: Basic Concepts and Intrumentation, 3rd ed., Springer 2003.
• F.K. Kneubühl, M. W. Sigrist, Laser, Teubner Taschenbücher Physik, Stuttgart-Leipzig 1999
• FSRM, CD-ROM: An Introduction to the World of Microsystems, Neuchatel.
• Arbeitskreis Lasertechnik R. Poprawe, CD-ROM: Lasertechnik, Aachen.
• J. Gobrecht, Vorlesungsskript: Grundlagen der Mikro- und Nanotechnik, ETH Zuerich, WS 2001/2002.