Suchergebnis: Katalogdaten im Herbstsemester 2016
|Gesundheitswissenschaften und Technologie Master|
|Vertiefung in Gesundheit, Ernährung und Umwelt|
|701-1701-00L||Human Health, Nutrition and Environment: Term Paper |
Only for students of the Major Human Health, Nutrition and Environment.
|O||6 KP||13A||J. Nuessli Guth, T. Julian, K. McNeill, M. B. Zimmermann|
|Kurzbeschreibung||Writing of a review paper of scientific quality on a topic in the domain of Human Health, Nutrition and Environment based on critical evaluation of scientific literature.|
|Lernziel||- Acquisition of knowledge in the field of the review paper|
- Assessment of original literature as well as synthesis and analysis of the findings
- Practising of academic writing in English
- Giving an oral presentation with discussion on the topic of the review paper
|Inhalt||Topics are offered in the domains of the major 'Human Health, Nutrition and Environment' covering 'Public Health', 'Infectious Diseases', 'Nutrition and Health' and 'Environment and Health'.|
|Skript||Guidelines will be handed out in the beginning.|
|Literatur||Literature will be identified based on the topic chosen.|
|376-0300-00L||Translational Science for Health and Medicine||O||3 KP||2G||J. Goldhahn, C. Wolfrum|
|Kurzbeschreibung||Translational science is a cross disciplinary scientific research that is motivated by the need for practical applications that help people. The course should help to clarify basics of translational science, illustrate successful applications and should enable students to integrate key features into their future projects.|
|Lernziel||After completing this course, students will be able to understand:|
Principles of translational science (including project planning, ethics application, basics of resource management and interdisciplinary communication)
|Inhalt||What is translational science and what is it not?|
How to identify need?
- Disease concepts and consequences for research
- Basics about incidence, prevalence etc., and orphan indications
How to choose the appropriate research type and methodology
- Ethical considerations including ethics application
- Pros and cons of different types of research
- Coordination of complex approaches incl. timing and resources
How to measure success?
- Outcome variables
- Improving the translational process
Challenges of communication?
How independent is translational science?
- Academic boundary conditions vs. industrial influences
Positive and negative examples will be illustrated by distinguished guest speakers.
- Seite 1 von 1