102-0348-00L Prospective Environmental Assessments
|Dozierende||A. Frömelt, N. Heeren, A. Spörri|
|Periodizität||jährlich wiederkehrende Veranstaltung|
|Kommentar||Prerequisite for this lecture is basic knowledge of environmental assessment tools, such as material flow analysis, risk assessment and life cycle assessment. |
Students without previous knowledge in these areas need to read according textbooks prior to or at the beginning of the lecture.
|Kurzbeschreibung||This lecture deals with prospective assessments of emerging technologies as well as with the assessment of long-term environmental impact caused by today's activities.|
|Lernziel||- Understanding prospective environmental assessments, including scenario analysis techniques, prospective emission models, dynamic MFA and LCA.|
- Ability to properly plan and conduct prospective environmental assessment studies, for example on emerging technologies or on technical processes that cause long-term environmental impacts.
- Being aware of the uncertainties involved in prospective studies.
- Getting to know measures to prevent long-term emissions or impact in case studies
- Knowing the arguments in favor and against a temporally differentiated weighting of environmental impacts (discounting)
|Inhalt||- Scenario analysis |
- Dynamic material flow analysis
- Temporal differentiation in LCA
- Systems dynamics tools
- Assessment of future and present environmental impact
- Case studies
|Skript||Lecture slides and further documents will be made available on Moodle.|