Norman Sieroka: Katalogdaten im Frühjahrssemester 2019
|Name||Herr PD Dr. Norman Sieroka|
Professur für Philosophie
ETH Zürich, CLW C 1
|Departement||Geistes-, Sozial- und Staatswissenschaften|
|511-0010-00L||Scientific Concepts and Methods |
Only for MSc Pharmaceutical Sciences.
|2 KP||3G||E. Kut Bacs, V. I. Otto, N. Sieroka|
|Kurzbeschreibung||The module is an introductory course fostering critical thinking about scientific concepts and methods in the natural sciences, particularly in pharmaceutical and biomedical research.|
• have the ability to explain and reflect upon core themes in philosophy of science and cutting edge methods that are relevant in modern pharmaceutical and biomedical research.
• are able to explain the role experiments, models, images, and quantifications play in the formation of a theory, and the constitution and illustration of a scientific fact.
• are able to actively engage in a critical discussion about scientific concepts, methods and approaches in the field of biomedical research and philosophy of science.
• are able to critically evaluate the basic scientific assumptions, concepts and approaches underlying their own research project.
• have learned how to “closely read” and analyse a scientific paper and are able to present their paper analysis to an audience that is not expert in the research field.
|Inhalt||This course is part of the ETH "Critical Thinking" initiative.|
|Voraussetzungen / Besonderes||The course is best suited for students who have recently performed a research project of their own.|